Friday, October 11, 2013

Hello Friday!

Hello Everyone!

Now that we are in October I've been thinking about dressing up for Halloween. I've really been liking the Mexican tradition of "Dia de los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead". I like that it's a celebration of family and friends that have passed on, plus it's pretty!


I love this mask from Effigy Masks by Elisha Miller of Seattle. Elisha's shop is on ETSY. I just love the colors! It looks so real, not like a mask at all.



This window display from Romanza Gifts in Ballard is so fun! I would love to go to a party with a home decorated like this. I love all the glitter and color,color,color!

                                                           Why not paint some pumpkins?



Here is another ETSY artist "Hikari Designs" by Aya Casper of San Fransisco.
These really are pieces of art that you could hang on your walls.




ETSY has been a great resource for finding such beautiful masks. This one is from France and they are made by Laura Custodio, her ETSY shop is "Viva la Muerte"







You could always paint your face. Here is tutorial from MAC COSMETICS on how to make up a "day of the dead".

                                                                     Happy Weekend!
                                                        Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...