Friday, August 23, 2013

Hello Friday!

We've been back for a few months from our much needed vacation and I'm ready to go back, permanently! I'm so looking forward to the day when we will have a place to call home in Maui.


Waking up to the sound of the ocean caressing the shore is a way I'd like to start my day everyday.


I dream of decorating our Maui home...

I'm thinking I'd like an all white color palate with shades of blue and aqua, I know it's typical but bringing in the color of nature is always winner. Who doesn't like the color of sky, beach and water?








        I don't want a typical Hawaiian theme but a few kitschy touch's will be fun! I can see this in the kitchen.

                  



I love the texture and dark color of the wood flooring.Typically in Hawaiian homes tile is used to keep your feet cool and the sand at bay. But I would prefer this to tile in the kitchen.


I'll continue to dream up interiors through the grey Seattle days that lay ahead until the day I can call Maui my home.

 
                              
          Until then Aloha!








Photos: Ballard Designs, pua, unknown, wisteria















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...