Friday, February 22, 2013


Hello Friday!

Ballard Sunday Market
                        Hi Everyone! 

Yea it's the weekend and I'm looking forward to going to one of the Sunday Farmers Market's. I'm starting to see some early peas and other yummy produce. I can't wait for warmer weather to come so we can have more fresh veggies and flowers. It's amazing that we can grow so many things in the NW, our farmers are miracle workers. I have a hard time growing anything but lettuce and carrots...not enough sun.             
Squash Blossom
            When I travel I always find out where the farmers markets are. I still cook for my family while were away and like to try new local flavors of the region. I love the town of Makawao in Maui. They have a fun and festive market and it's nice to be up in the hills on those hot Hawaiian days.

                                                              
Maui Avocados and Tamarind/Makawao Farmers Market

                                  
When we are on the Big Island (Hawaii) we go to the Hilo Farmers Market. You can find some beautiful local color. They also have wonderful crafts so you can find something unique to bring home.

 

Rambutan fruit taste like a grape
                                                                                                  
 


Expand your experience of travel by checking out what the local farmers grow. You never know what might become your new favorite taste and give a big thanks to our farmers!




Go here for a listing of Hawaii's Farmers Markets:
www.ediblecommunities.com/hawaiianislands/farmers-markets

Photos: Shala Daniel, Makawao Farmers Market & Travel Journals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...